Sunday, April 15, 2007



I bought this book a long time ago and read quite a bit of it, but I decided recently to read it again as I have been wrestling with my call to be a worship leader. This is a great book with a lot of deep and weighty information for worship leaders and pastors who oversee them to read and understand. One quote in particular jumped out at me that I want to share.

Repentance is fundamental to worship. Graham Kendrick has put it this way: "The genuineness of our worshiop can not be measured in decibels of sound, and although it is vital that we express our love for God vocally, he looks to see the evidence in our lives. We do not always think of repentance as worship, but i can be much easier to sing a rousing hymn than to turn away from our favorite sin. A sinful act involves worship of the wrong kind, submitting ourselves at the moment to serve the appetites of our pride or lust, and so repentance is literally a transfer of our worship back to the One who rightfully owns it."


I found this to be very convicting and stirring. Much to meditate on here.



No comments: