Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A good friend recently sent me this article by Donald Miller about the gospel and Jesus. My friend and I talked about this concept a while back, about the pursuit of a relationship with Jesus versus the knowledge of what it means to be a Christian. I feel like I know what it means to be a "good Christian" yet so often lack the relational sensitivity of what it means to be in love and in relationship with Jesus Christ, of being a follower of Jesus.

Out of our meeting, he gave me a reading plan for reading through the entire gospel letters (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) in a year. Not a difficult task as far as the amount of dialy reading, but one that has been beneficial in trying to get a better grasp of the God/man/savior Jesus. I still know what it means to be a "good Christian", but slowly I feel like my heart is turning towards being a follower and lover of Jesus. I want to honor him, and I want to know him, and be known by him. And as I do that, I feel like I really am beginning to be changed. It has been said so many times, by many people, even me that the goal is a relationship, not religion, yet to practice that is so much better. In the words of the Apostle Paul, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." Phil 3:10-11 (italics mine)

Grace and Peace

No comments: