Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Idol Worship Note

I have been a worship leader for a very long time...over half my life really. As of late, through a series of events, I have not been actively doing that, but hoping that God will lead me back that way. I was doing some research for a bible study and found this article for worship leaders. Using the example from last years American Idol winner and runner up, the author uses their lives to springboard some valuable points, all of which I agree with. I think they are timely reminders that the heart of a worship leader must be real, humble, and intentional about bringing the best they have. All of these I have and still struggle with, but I appreciated the reminder as I again try to bring my heart back into a place where God can use me in helping to lead his people in worship. It is a gift, and one that is missed.

No comments: