Sunday, February 25, 2007

Stargrounds :(



I love Starbucks coffee! Nothing starts my morning better than a good cup of Starbucks coffee. Unfortunately, with the price being what it is and trying to work the Total Money Makeover stuff, Starbucks visits are not a regular thing. The closest thing to a regular cup of Starbucks other than what I make at home (which is really pretty good) is on Sunday mornings and occasionally Thursday mornings when I have to head in extra early.

However, nothing ruins a great cup of coffee than a mouthful of coffee grounds when you get to the bottom. I can't stand that. To go from pure delight to pure disgust in one mouthful is such a let down. I am able to keep them out of my home coffee, why can't those who do it professionally keep it out?

On a side note, at bible study on Wed. night, I had an Americana, at least I think that is what she called it. It is espresso mixed with hot water that simulates coffee, but has a subtly different taste. I have to say, I liked it a lot. Might become a regular!

2 comments:

john chandler said...

I think it is technically called an "Americano". When Americans visiting Italy found straight espresso too strong, they dumped the shots in water -- hence the name. At least that's the way I've heard it.

Perry said...

Hey John,
Thanks for the comment and the correction. Karen mentioned your note last night at bible study and I read the sign which does say Americano. All I know is that I like it.