Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Amazing

Marine who lost leg returns to combat - People: Tales of survival - MSNBC.com

I came across this story this morning while reading about a different tragic story here and was moved by this mans courage and determination. I have known Marines in my life. My step-dad was a WWII veteran Marine who fought in the South Pacific. His nephew was a Marine and would come stay with us from time to time while he was stationed at Camp Pendleton in California, and one of my good friends Rob Sherwood is a Marine officer currently serving and stationed at Camp Pendleton. Marines are a tough and proud group of soldiers. Say what you will about the war, I am impressed with these people who put themselves out there with such courage and passion to see change happen, and are willing to sacrifice so much to do it. It is inspiring.

No comments: